Only 1 computer on subnet can access NAS

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sprocket12
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Only 1 computer on subnet can access NAS

Post by sprocket12 »

Hi all! I've spent some time searching the forum but cannot find relevant posts.

I am running an Asustor AS6604T running ADM 3.5.4.RE11. I replaced an aging ReadyNAS 314 and assigned the same static IP address and updated my DNS on the subnet.

I can access the web interface from the initial computer I set up the NAS but no other computer on the subnet can access it. They can get to the shares but no web services or applications are accessible (ie nextcloud, emby, webhosting). I have also verified that SSH is working and I can connect.

I checked the ADM Defender settings and it shows no blocking and the firewall is allowing all connections. I've cleared the cache on the other systems broweser's (chrome and safari) but still no joy.

What am I missing? Any suggestions?
orion

Re: Only 1 computer on subnet can access NAS

Post by orion »

How do you connect to NAS on the initial computer? Through IP or server name?
Can you ping NAS IP address from the other computers?
sprocket12

Re: Only 1 computer on subnet can access NAS [SOLVED]

Post by sprocket12 »

Ugh! orion you put me on the right path. My DNS is resolving correctly. I use both IP and name. They work fine.

It turned out that I was not using the proper port for the URL. What confused me was the server response. I was getting an error that led me to believe no web server was running.

Thanks.

Return to “ADM general”