problem with reverse proxy

Post by Darkmagister »

Hello,
i'm using the reverse proxy function for few services behind docker
i've sets those up in ADM as:
cloud.domain.it:446
radarr.domain.it:446
etc.

i have to use 446 because ADM does't let me use the 443 port even if i have disabled the https port for the built in web server, so i have 446 set up
then in the modem i have the DMZ device set to the internal router, and there i have the port open for the NAS, with 443 to 446 to the NAS

this is working ok if i try to connect from the Internet

but if i am connected to the reverse proxy from inside the LAN (on the router, there is nothing from modem to router) i got redirected to the login page of the modem.
and i don't understand why, so i have also tried to redirect the cloud.domain.it to the NAS lan ip with the DNS server in the lan, but still in this case i didn't get redirect from 446 to 443 i got the nas to reply not the reverse proxy

EDIT: after removing all the disable virtual host in the ADM web server i was able to set reverse proxy as 443, but still this didn't solve the issue, but it also stop what was woring before :(

any suggestion on how i can fix that?

thanks
AS6404T
Nazar78

Re: problem with reverse proxy

Post by Nazar78 »

This is your router's limitations. It doesn't know how to handle virtual host requests internally. So within the LAN if you request the router's default admin port i.e. 80 or 443 via your DDNS it will redirect you back to the router admin page instead of the reverse proxy. Check your router if it can modify hostnames then point your DDNS to the reverse proxy IP.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “ADM general”