Factory reset taking too long

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

blomqvis
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Factory reset taking too long

Post by blomqvis »

Hello,

I have searched the forums to see if this question has been asked before and I could not find anything relevant - my apologies in advance if this is a redundant question.
I am currently in the process of factory resetting a AS6302T with 2 hdds of 6TB each in RAID1 configuration (70% full).

I have started this process 18hrs ago and it is stil running.
While I can see a blinking cursor on my monitor (i am connected directly to a monitor, no networking at the moment) and the main led blinking Orange every 10 seconds, I can barely hear any activity on the HDDs.
I looks like it is in sleep mode (referencing also the orange blinking LED).

My questions are:
- is this expected behavior?
- if I unpower the device, will it break anything software/hardware related?
- is there any other way to restart the process (if this proves not to be the expected behavior)?

I do not need the data on the HDDs - all I need is the ADM reset to the initial setup (I could have went with a reset button push, but I will give the NAS away and I do not want any of my setup to reside in ADM anymore).

Thank you in advance for your answers
orion

Re: Factory reset taking too long

Post by orion »

That's definitely abnormal. It seems that the factory reset does not active. Because you plan to destroy all data, you can:
  • Remove NAS power. Remove all disks.
  • Power NAS on.
  • After you hear beep sound, put all disks back to NAS.
  • Connect NAS to a PC through network. Use browser to connect to NAS, then follow the initialization wizard.
blomqvis

Re: Factory reset taking too long

Post by blomqvis »

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Since I needed the HDD's I had no option than to stop the NAS from doing whatever it was doing. I long pressed the power button and it shutdown.
I need to test it with a new HDD - and event though I have plenty in my house, each one of them has its own use right now. I bought a new one and as soon as I get it I will test the NAS again.

The existing HDDs have been moved to another NAS and looks like they have not suffered any damage.

Return to “ADM general”