sftpmand process zombie

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gtalbot
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

sftpmand process zombie

Post by gtalbot »

I am using sftp as the main protocol to transfert files between my computer and my asustor as4004t.
Every time I use sftp, I am left with some sftpmand processes in zombie state on my Asustor.
Over time these processes accumulate and the unit become very slow and need to be rebooted.

Actualy I can create thousands of zombie process if I try to synchronize directories with FreeFileSync.

I also tested with CyberDuck as my sftp client and ended up with zompie processes as well.

I tries reducing the number of sftp channels per connection to one. Still left with zombie processes.

Any idea what the problem is?
orion

Re: sftpmand process zombie

Post by orion »

I use WinSCP to try SFTP. It's working fine.
Anyway, zombie should be something wrong. I think you can report it to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
Nazar78

Re: sftpmand process zombie

Post by Nazar78 »

These defunct child processes came from their parent's fault, sshd. Did you mount any network paths (cifs/nfs etc.) onto the NAS? Do you see the same issue using the main sftp port 22 by default? It's the one reserved for admins, for non-admin users it's port 2222 by default. If there's any related errors in dmesg it should be reported to Asustor support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “ADM general”