DDNS Service won't stay enabled

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Nazar78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: DDNS Service won't stay enabled

Post by Nazar78 »

Happened to me the second time, had open a ticket with Asustor Support. Problem is if this gets unnoticed, any cert update will fail if the DDNS doesn't renew in time.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

I have been away from the forum for a while but wanted to give an update. Mine still unchecks the box every day or so. I have noticed when the box is unchecked, I can still access a Photo Gallery share with it's link. But I can't make a share link or copy a link that is already there. If I check the box and apply or refresh, I can create or copy a share again. So far, every time I check the box and apply or refresh it connects. Even when it is unchecked, it shows the last DDNS update as "success". This is strange.

Asustor said it was my network. I told them that nothing else has a connection issue, just the NAS. They closed my ticket and said to reply if it happens again,they would connect to my NAS to see if they can fix it. I have not updated my ticket and don't think I will. I'm not crazy about opening my NAS up again for them to connect, since I did for this issue already at their request. They never connected, and I left it accessible for over a week. Then after another week or so they closed my ticket.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I got this last reply from support after asking me to reboot :-/
Reply by
Frank Eckardt
»
about a month ago
Hi,

I checked the forum. We are aware that there were in some rare caes problems with the latest update to version 4.2 .
An update will be released by end of this week. We will keep an eye on that if this is going to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Frank Eckardt
Reply by
Frank Eckardt
»
about a month ago
Hello,

thank you for contacting us.
Please reboot the NAS and check if you keep getting the same errors.
Furthermore, please upload the Dr. ASUSTOR health report (see attached picture).

Best regards,
Frank Eckardt
After the recent update, it seems fixed. I tested blocking asustornasapi.asustor.com temporarily using /etc/hosts, the process inadyn errored out but didn't uncheck the box, then resumed after removing the block. Looks like support and the devs were disconnected.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Thanks Nazar78.

I am at ADM 4.2.0.RE71. My ADM update shows I'm at the latest version. I rebooted several times back when it started, but hadn't in a while. I did a reboot a couple of days ago trying to trouble shoot a USB issue. I think I have a port that went bad. I'll see if it stays checked.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

After the latest ADM update (4.2.5.RN33) my DDNS has stayed enabled for a week now. Looks like the latest ADM update fixed the issue.

Return to “ADM general”