Couple of issues...

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ilike2burnthing
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Couple of issues...

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Unfortunately, at that point you'd need to talk to Asustor support.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Thanks, I'll open a support ticket. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck getting good direction or help from Asustor support. Maybe this one is direct enough they will be able to help.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Asustor support as as much help as usual...none. I opened a support ticket and gave details of my issue and asking how to generate new keys. I even included the Let's Encrypt email. Here is their response.

"If myasustor.com hasn't reached to weekly certification limit (50/week), you will receivce the certification as you apply it.
However, if you can not appy the new certification, please re-install Let's Encrypt app in APP Central."

I replied for them that I can and did receive a cert, but it doesn't work and to please read my original message asking how to generate new keys. They did reply fast, I'll give them that.

My NAS is acting strange. This morning I noticed my cloud id is not there. When I go to ezconnect I get a 5401 error??? I think I'm going to do a soft reset and see if that helps.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Asustor support replied with directions that might work. Here is their reply:
The key is generated by Let's Encrypt.
It seem that your browser still load old certification record, so that you cannot use "my cloud id.myasustor.com" to reach NAS homepage.

Please use incognito winodow under Google Chrome browser, login ADM, and remove old certification applied by "my cloud id.myasustor.com".
Then use the same DDNS site to apply certification from let's encrypt again.

I used incognito to remove the cert but now I am at the cert limit. I will have to wait a week for Let's Encrypt to reset to see if generating a new cert with incognito browser works. Stay tuned.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Update: Generated a cert today using incognito browser, but still have the same issue. Can't reach my ddns address. I updated my service ticket and will wait for their reply.

Also, I have been trying to created a reverse proxy for PhotoPrism. I have done this before so I am pretty sure I am doing it correctly. However; when I click finish I get the applying screen and it never finishes. I have left it for over an hour and it still doesn't finish. Anybody ever had this happen to them? If you did, what did you do to resolve it? Edit: I think I'll post this separate to get more views.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Well, this was the first time Asustor support actually resolved an issue for me, so I thought I should post. Also, this might help someone else that is having the same issue. It took a few back and forth messages. This is their final reply that worked. I removed my cloud id from the response.

Please choose other certification (eg. Support) and delete the record in Settings -> Certifiacation Manager (see the attachment).
Then, re-apply new certification by "my cloud id.myasustor.com".

As ADM applys the new certification (browser shows unsecure), please enter "https://my cloud id.myasustor.com:your https port" to let browser trust the ADM page.

The attachment showed a screenshot of Certificate Manager. On it was written temporarily choose "Support" as default certification and Kill failure certification. It showed two certifications circled in red; Support and another one he had setup. At first it didn't look like it worked because I got the browser unsecure warning, but I followed the instructions to trust the site and now it works and is secure (https) for my ddns.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Glad to hear it!

Return to “ADM general”