Couple of issues...

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wingstyle
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Couple of issues...

Post by wingstyle »

Not sure if these are related, but I have a couple of issues.

1) I received an email from Letsencrypt letting me know my cert was soon to expire and I should go ahead and renew early. When I trid to renew, I got the error 'Unable to apply settings, please try again, ref (5401). I thought this might be because I changed my web server ports per Asustor's recommendation during the ransomware issue (I was not affected). So I changed back to ports 80/443. I the got the error that cert number has been exceeded when trying to renew. I waited a few days and tried again. Now I get the 5401 error even with ports 80/443.

2) When I changed the ports back to 80/443, they change completed successfully. But I did get the 5401 error message. I looked at the web center log and see the error {web center} Restart web server failed. When I change the ports back to what I enabled after ransomware, the changes successfully and I don't get the restart web server fail message.

Any thoughts on if these are related and how to resolve the issues?
wingstyle

Re: Couple of issues...

Post by wingstyle »

Anybody have any ideas? I still can't update my letsencrypt cert and it expires in on the 16th.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

hi
did you tried to remove and reinstall let's encrypt ?
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

I am using the Asustor certificate manager. Are you saying to remove my certificate with letsencrypt and then add it back with create new certificate? If that is what you are suggesting, the answer is no.

I have my NAS connected to my Orbi mesh system and the Orbi is connected to my internet providers router. I use the Orbi as the DHCP. Do you think that could be causing some problems? It has worked in the past with this setup so I don't think so, but one never knows.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

wingstyle, did you resolve your issue?

I'm running into something similar. Followed https://www.asustor.com/en/online/Colle ... ?topic=324, with and without EZ-Router enabled, with and without EZ-Connect enabled, tried manually forwarding ports 80 and 443 (even though it's not necessary), deleted the certificate and tried adding a new one. Can't get it to work.
ilike2burnthing

Uninstall the Let's Encrypt ACME Client from App Central, reinstall, create a new certificate.
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Thanks ilike2burnthings.

I have not resolved my issue. I was able to get a Let's Encrypt for my myasustor.com ddns and have been using it. It was not working earlier today but started working again. the myasustor.com server must have been having problems. Anyway, while it wasn't working I tried to get a cert for my afraid.com ddns and got the same 5401 error and looked here and saw your post. I went to App Central to uninstall the Let's Encrypt ACME Client but I get this message 'Please remove Let's Encrypt certificates before uninstalling. (Ref. 6018)'. I'm afraid if I remove my myasustor.com cert to do this, I won't be able to get a cert again. Then I would be dead in the water. I guess I'll have to decide if I want to try it or not. :-(
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Well, I decided to try it. No guts no glory, right.

I first exported my myasustor.com cert and then uninstalled and reinstalled the Let's Encrypt ACME Client. It Worked!!! I was able to get a cert for both my asustor and my afraid ddns. Thanks a million ilike2burnthings.
ilike2burnthing

Glad to hear it!
wingstyle

Post by wingstyle »

Well, all is not good. I got an email from Let's Encrypt saying one or more of my certificates has been marked as compromised an they are required to revoke any certificates which contain that public key. They showed me three hex numbers saying they are revoked. I didn't know which were revoked from the numbers. I figured out which cert was revoked because it wasn't working (one works and one doesn't). They say: 'If your ACME client generates a new key on every renewal, all you need to do is renew your certificate. If you are using the same key for each renewal, you will need to regenerate that key'. I renewed the one that wasn't working and it still didn't work. I then removed it and generated it again, but it still doesn't work. The ACME client for Asustor must not generate a new key on every renewal.

So my problem is, I don't know how to generate a new key for the one that isn't working. Any thoughts?

Return to “ADM general”