ADM 4.1

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Mondas
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM 4.1

Post by Mondas »

Anyone know when this is planned for "General Release"?
father.mande

Re: ADM 4.1

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Asustor know when and for which series :D ... so ask Asustor not the forum
BUT remember :
... some chance to have a Beta before the stable, because if information is correct (T.B.C.) the kernel change, so APKG using kernel modules must be updated before, so when kernel tree will be available.
... due to kernel change, it's possible that some "old" (even all is relative) series including x86_64 never be upgraded, so keep 4.0 and security only update.
... Arm are in same state and we don't know if kernel will be upgraded or only the ADM and for which series ...(ex. Arm64 exist with two kernel, so certainly only one can be updated)
... and why waiting for this new A.D.M. did you have information on new functionality include ? and which Asustor APKG will be updated also ?

So wait and see :mrgreen: ... only one version beta seem to exist on Asustor web site but only for new lockerstore gen 2 series ... perhaps only for hardware include support ??? no idea.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Mondas

Post by Mondas »

Hi Philippe, yes in fact it’s specifically the linux kernel change that was my interest and reason for asking.
Thanks for your reply.
bombonatti

Post by bombonatti »

When 4.1 source code will be available?

It is not available on :
https://developer.asustor.com/tools

Nor:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/asgpl/files/
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

bombonatti wrote:When 4.1 source code will be available?

It is not available on :
https://developer.asustor.com/tools

Nor:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/asgpl/files/
I've opened a ticket few days back and just got a "typical" reply it has been forwarded to the engineer team. I just hope they release the GPL timely as soon as the kernel is updated because some of us are actually building modules which they won't include and now those obviously failed to work.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
yabaikai

Post by yabaikai »

I also raised a ticket and got referred to their project management team. They committed to delivering the kernel source by the end of the week, and suggested that going forward they would try and release the kernel source in parallel with the update.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

yabaikai wrote:I also raised a ticket and got referred to their project management team. They committed to delivering the kernel source by the end of the week, and suggested that going forward they would try and release the kernel source in parallel with the update.
Great, hope they can adhere to the license agreement to avoid any violation.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Even you are true, the problem is more to don't manage Beta version and create immediate stable update ....
Asustor seem to use a .x at end of version, because they integrate some security and bug solution discover AFTER the close of 5.13.any_number version up to move to 5.14 or any other value.

So when Asustor deliver new kernel ... it works ... but can require some patch to integrate in (reason to use x and not a number as usual).
This can generate an incorrect but real delay between ADM delivery and source available.

If Asustor (even the press of competitors) was able to manage Beta and R.C. ... I think this kind of problem will be solved.

We can hope a solution (source delivery) soon ... even for me, providing some kernel modules, it's a constant survey and some works when this is available (and this lock resource and time not available for my own works).

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “ADM general”