Terminal window on the NAS

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Jack@007
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Terminal window on the NAS

Post by Jack@007 »

HI,

Just a simple question,
Is it possible to start a terminal/command window in the portal?
I don't mean logging in via SSH and start a terminal/Putty. I want to have a terminal window running on the NAS itself, like it is on a PC.
father.mande

Re: Terminal window on the NAS

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Jack@007 wrote:HI,
Just a simple question,
Is it possible to start a terminal/command window in the portal?
I don't mean logging in via SSH and start a terminal/Putty. I want to have a terminal window running on the NAS itself, like it is on a PC.
If it's to start from WebUI ... you can use shellinabox APKG or shellinabox in Entware APKG, just take care the need to open (even on the lan only) the shellinabox port.
from Asportal, I don't know except using MH-test (myHD APKG application)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your reply.

Shellinabox runs in a browser on the client. When the client is shut down or the browser is closed than the shellinabox session is also terminated.
I'm looking for a terminal window which runs on the NAS itself. Closing the connection to the NAS should not close the session.

A good example is perhaps the terminal window on a Raspberry Pi. Connection to the Pi is usually thought VNC (or a like). The terminal windows runs on the Pi. One can close the VNC connection but the terminal window stays active on the Pi.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If it's to keep asportal, so xorg ... vnc server is available in AppCentral as an APKG

if you want to get a terminal active (even connected using ssh or shellinabox) when disconnected, you can used tools (command line) like screen or better tmux
... this program will be available using Entware APKG in AppCentral
... you can open session, run, detach the screen disconnect and later go back ... multiple virtual screen are usable ... use session name to distinguish each.
... full doc. and exampleof this commands are available on the Web.

Entware is a package manager adding possibility to install up to 2500 packages natively on NAS for all architecture (arm(v7l), arm64 (aarch64), x86_64, x86_32)
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “ADM general”