Kodi 17.6 not working after ADM 4.0 update

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Chokehold
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi 17.6 not working after ADM 4.0 update

Post by Chokehold »

Since ADM updated to version 4.0, on my AS6104T I am unable to start Kodi from the portal.
Looking at logs gave absolutely nothing so I tried starting Kodi from terminal instead just to get the process going, or get an error message I could work with.

Code: Select all

Chokehold@Chokestor:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/asportal/server/log $ /usr/local/AppCentral/kodi/usr/bin/update_font.sh;/usr/local/AppCentral/kodi/usr/bin/link_local_share.sh;/usr/local/AppCentral/kodi/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
/media/kodi/smb/
/usr/local/AppCentral/kodi/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmicrohttpd.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I am going to take a wild guess that this shared library was actively removed as of ADM 4.0 or something closely prior to that version.
But my question is really if it is possible to get this lib back onto the machine?
Since these are linux packages, they are never available pre-compiled, and we are sorely lacking make, configure and even apt on these devices.

Does anyone who has not yet updated to ADM 4.0 on AS6104T (or similar architectures) still have their compiled lib files available?
They would be located in:

/volmain/.@plugins/lib
or

/volmain/.@plugins/lib64
I am honestly not sure if it's a 64-bit lib or not.
Thanks for the help!
DanCZ

Re: Kodi 17.6 not working after ADM 4.0 update

Post by DanCZ »

I have same problem. Does anybody has a different way how to play files on asustor via HDMI?
orion

Re: Kodi 17.6 not working after ADM 4.0 update

Post by orion »

You should install KODI 18.9 here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=12045

Return to “ADM general”