It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Silly Question

Silly Question

Postby AndyM » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:59 pm

So I started the initialization process on the new As1104T and it seems to be chugging away (lights are lit, drives are doing their thing). Control says NAS is Ready but when I try to sign in the sign in button just wiggles at me. As it made me change my password I don't know if I typed it wrong or if I just have to wait until the drives stop chugging away. There are 2 16 tb drives in it so I assume it might take a while.

edit:
Drives have been busy all day. A web search suggested a 16 tb drive could take 3 days to complete! Really? I did get the registration screen which would seem to suggest the initialization process completed and my inability to sign in is a password error. Any advice appreciated.
AndyM

Re: Silly Question

Postby Nazar78 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm

You should be able to sign in despite whatever the activity is. Probably wrong password. You can try use the rear reset button.

https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/knowledge ... oup_id=622
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Postby AndyM » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 am

Hi Nazar,

Thanks for the reply. That will teach me to start something before I have had a coffee.

The drives are still busy - should I wait to do the reset or does it matter? I see the link you kindly provided says you can use the NAS - still true when it's initializing?

Andy
AndyM

Postby Nazar78 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 am

NP. You can proceed with the rear reset as it will only affect those listed in the link.

- System admin account password will return to "admin"
    - HTTP and HTTPS ports used to connect to ADM will return to 8000 and 8001 respectively.
    - Network settings will return to default settings and ASUSTOR Control Center will be able to find your NAS one the network.
    - ADM Defender will revert to accept all connections.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Postby AndyM » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:31 am

Thanks a lot - your a great help!

Cheers
Andy

I am now back in business and no more drive "initialization" - must have been doing something else. Seems like everything is working as it should although I noticed where windows had listed the NAS name before I did the reset, now it only shoes the IP address, but gives me something to learn about!
AndyM

Return to ADM general