Stuck on Unmounting SSD Cache Drive...

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

afinotti
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Stuck on Unmounting SSD Cache Drive...

Post by afinotti »

My new NAS was working very well, ingesting film shooting media for 2 weeks. Then my SSDs arrived and I installed, tested them as raid drives (worked fine) and then tryed to create a Read Write Cache drive. It unmounted my main drive and took maybe 10 minutes to complete the cache creation. But the main drive never came back. The icon kept spining for some time, I tried a soft reset, the system refused to reset.
So I tryied to unmount the cache drive, expecting to undo the thing.

And now it´s trying to unmount for 4 hours now, in 0%.

Any thoughts? I´m afraid of hard reset and loose data.

LOCKERSTOR 10 (AS6510T)
orion

Re: Stuck on Unmounting SSD Cache Drive...

Post by orion »

Do you mean you created a volume using 2 SSDs, then destroyed the volume, then create those SSDs as cache? It's hard to know what's going on without detailed logs. I'll suggest you to send a support ticket to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
afinotti

Post by afinotti »

Yes, that's what I did. now it's still unmounting, 16 hours so far. Maybe rebuilding Raid5?
afinotti

Post by afinotti »

After waiting 40 hours I decided to force power down and restart, everything is in place and the SSD cache is workking, was not removed.
duckpinchris

Post by duckpinchris »

im having the same issue. been having issues with my m.2 drives disappearing out of know where. reboot brought one back but only a power off aqnd removing both cards and reinstalling brought them back. this has happened multiple times. im not trying to safely unmount the ssd cache and of ocurse its been 24 hours and then my websites and all went down as it thru the nas into read only mode. only choice was to reboot it. it came back up but didnt remove so trying again and now its stuck at 0% and nothing is working

Return to “ADM general”