Drives not found when initializing via web browser

ace106
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Drives not found when initializing via web browser

Post by ace106 »

I'm not sure if this should be here or if it should be in the forum section specific to my nas model but I'm thinking this might be a bug in the software so I put it here.

I have a 6604T that is running the latest firmware but for some reason I can not initialize my device through the web browser.

Whether I click on "one click setup" or "custom setup", no hard drives get found and it will not proceed in the setup.

I have tried my two 12tb drives alone. I tried two nvme m.2 drives alone. I even tried an old laptop hdd 2.5" drive and none get seen. I also tried to remove and re-install the laptop drive to see if that would get it to recognize the drive but it will not.

Any idea on what is going on?

Just to add, my device will initialize when I use the buttons on the nas to do the initialization. However this configures my drives in a way that I don't want so I'd really like to get the web browser initialization working.
orion

Re: Drives not found when initializing via web browser

Post by orion »

mm... I did the process without any problems long time ago. We cannot understand what's the problem without the detailed logs. I think you should send a support request to asustor directly. They should be able to gather more information remotely. https://support.asustor.com/
ace106

Post by ace106 »

Do you remember which web browser you used? Also were you running ADM Version: 3.5.5.RFC3 because I'm curious if perhaps it might just be a bug in this firmware?
orion

Post by orion »

I use Chrome all the time. I cannot remember which ADM version was when I initialized NAS...
ace106

Post by ace106 »

I found the issue in case anyone is interested. I was using an older system that I still have Windows 7 on. (I don't use it online but I still use it for a few things) Anyway I attempted to do the web browser initialization on a system running Windows 10 and the drives were found.

Return to “ADM general”