It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:21 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

sftpmand process zombie

sftpmand process zombie

Postby gtalbot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:14 am

I am using sftp as the main protocol to transfert files between my computer and my asustor as4004t.
Every time I use sftp, I am left with some sftpmand processes in zombie state on my Asustor.
Over time these processes accumulate and the unit become very slow and need to be rebooted.

Actualy I can create thousands of zombie process if I try to synchronize directories with FreeFileSync.

I also tested with CyberDuck as my sftp client and ended up with zompie processes as well.

I tries reducing the number of sftp channels per connection to one. Still left with zombie processes.

Any idea what the problem is?
gtalbot

Re: sftpmand process zombie

Postby orion » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 am

I use WinSCP to try SFTP. It's working fine.
Anyway, zombie should be something wrong. I think you can report it to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
orion

Re: sftpmand process zombie

Postby Nazar78 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:43 am

These defunct child processes came from their parent's fault, sshd. Did you mount any network paths (cifs/nfs etc.) onto the NAS? Do you see the same issue using the main sftp port 22 by default? It's the one reserved for admins, for non-admin users it's port 2222 by default. If there's any related errors in dmesg it should be reported to Asustor support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Return to ADM general