AS6302T RAM - really just 8GB possible

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

docb
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6302T RAM - really just 8GB possible

Post by docb »

Hi all, as a over 10 year synology user I am ready to give asustor a try. I am interested in the 6302T. I have read on the tecspecs that it can only be upgraded to 8GB. I was wondering if a 16GB upgrade would be possible too. Has anyone made any experiences with upgrading to 16gb?
Best regards
crazynas

Re: AS6302T RAM - really just 8GB possible

Post by crazynas »

AS6302T is intel apollo lake J3355, you can find intel ARK http://ark.intel.com/products/95597/Int ... to-2_5-GHz and RAM size 8GB. If you want RAM to 16GB can buy AS7004T-i5 model.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

crazynas wrote:AS6302T is intel apollo lake J3355, you can find intel ARK http://ark.intel.com/products/95597/Int ... to-2_5-GHz and RAM size 8GB. If you want RAM to 16GB can buy AS7004T-i5 model.
I really wish you would stop suggesting people buy different models than what they have (or are asking the questions about.) You do this a lot @crazynas, and it doesn't help to answer the questions people are asking. As a moderator, if I could issue a warning for this, I would. All I can officially do is suggest you curtail the activity.

To the OP: According to Asustor's product specs page the 6302 can only take 8GB of memory. While you may be able to put 16GB into the box, I wouldn't recommend doing so. The addressing on the memory might be higher than the CPU can handle, or than the machine can deal with in the long term. You could have a host of issues, such as data corruption, loss of data or even the NAS locking up and failing to respond completely.

It is your data. If you aren't concerned about the integrity of your data, take the chance. If it were me, I wouldn't.

Any of the 70xx series can be upgraded to 16GB. But unless you need the other extras these models have, I think you will find any of the lesser models could fit the requirements you have, even if they can't handle the memory you asked for. 8GB is still sufficient memory for most tasks with most of the lesser models of NASes Asustor makes.
docb

Post by docb »

Thank you Mike, that was the answear I was looking for. I will stick to the 8GB. I was just curious because I've read that the 16GB config runs on some 6302Ts - but I was not sure what side-effects that might have. Thumbs up, if I were a moderator, you would get one ;-)

Return to “Presales”