Bays extentions

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

KiT
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Bays extentions

Post by KiT »

I think extension bays is natural extraction path for 61/62xx 7xxx series. So the question is if asustor has it on the road map somewhere?
From the hardware perspective the base is ready, right?

Regards,
Robert
MikeG.6.5

Re: Bays extentions

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

You can add any external USB 3.0 or 2.0 enclosure now, and probably can add eSATA with that NAS too. (Haven't checked to verify it has eSATA ports.) This opens a whole gambit of expansions already. While it would be nice if Asustor made it's own external enclosures, it's not required.

Granted, if Asustor made them, they would be the same rough shape, color, etc. and would just look better than a hodge-podge of external enclosures would....
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

62008t and 6210t are now showing on the downloads page - but that doesn't help existing owners.

(they have now disappeared from the downloads page)
KiT

Post by KiT »

I dont think so, if extending the RAID with any drives connected via eSATA is possbile now. It is not event possible to create on any external drive simple shared folder, I'm affraid.
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi KiT and all,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are now developing 4 bay expansion box first and the schedule is tentatively set to be Q3 of this year. The expansion unit is mainly for capacity expansion as the speed is quite limited by the eSATA or USB3 channel even you have 4 hard drives in the expansion box.
KiT

Post by KiT »

Thank you for answer. I agree that speed will be slower that internally connected SATA III drive. But still 3Gb for eSATA (or 6Gb for eSATAp) is faster then 2Gb trunked network interfaces (if you decide to use both eSATA ports could be much faster). With the delays behind protocol encapsulation - I agree there is no much space for improvment.
So I'm waiting for Q3...4-5 months it is not extremely long period.

Return to “Presales”