Getting 5104T, Feedback on Drives, Raid Config, Media Streamer

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gibxxi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Getting 5104T, Feedback on Drives, Raid Config, Media Streamer

Post by gibxxi »

You could also use Clinton's nzbToMedia Scripts to automate transcoding of downloaded content as a post-processing option. As it's script-based you'll need to fill out a lot of fields in the config file in the section pertaining to transcoding. But there is an option in there to preserve original files if you wish to transcode to lower qualities and keep the original copies as well.

It's bundled with nzbget available on the App Store, and the config file (autoprocessmedia.cfg) can be found in the 'nzbToMedia' folder on the 'Download' share post-install. The script is a bit of a PITA to get working properly if your not absolutely sure what your doing, having said that if you've got enough nouse to set up Deluge, Sonarr and nzbget/sabnzbd+ you should be ok.

Bear in mind, some settings present in the autoprocessmedia.cfg file are exposed in the nzbget GUI, but not ALL of them, so manual configuration of the config file will certainly be required to change / verify some settings.

For settings guidance, check out the nzbToMedia settings wiki, here.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
Jagstyles

Post by Jagstyles »

gibxxi wrote:You could also use Clinton's nzbToMedia Scripts to automate transcoding of downloaded content as a post-processing option. As it's script-based you'll need to fill out a lot of fields in the config file in the section pertaining to transcoding. But there is an option in there to preserve original files if you wish to transcode to lower qualities and keep the original copies as well.

It's bundled with nzbget available on the App Store, and the config file (autoprocessmedia.cfg) can be found in the 'nzbToMedia' folder on the 'Download' share post-install. The script is a bit of a PITA to get working properly if your not absolutely sure what your doing, having said that if you've got enough nouse to set up Deluge, Sonarr and nzbget/sabnzbd+ you should be ok.

Bear in mind, some settings present in the autoprocessmedia.cfg file are exposed in the nzbget GUI, but not ALL of them, so manual configuration of the config file will certainly be required to change / verify some settings.

For settings guidance, check out the nzbToMedia settings wiki, here.
Can I still use this script if I'm not using NZB but rather getting my content via torrents? All of the downloaded media is coming in MKV format. I would simply want to convert these to MP4 and try to automate this as much as possible. If I could somehow get a script that would convert the media to the format chosen and then move the completed/converted file to my plex media library file, that would be ideal.

Thanks
jm12

Post by jm12 »

Don't get rid of your Appletv's, there's a app called Infuse that you just point to the NAS and it will play all the media no probs. Use it on my Apple TV and it pretty much handles any mkv, MP4, Avi, subtitles etc. connects via SMB or upnp. It'll even pull down metadata to give you nice artwork and episode details. Organises your media into categories etc.

You can get it for other iOS devices and it'll sync playback via Scrobbler

Return to “Presales”