New 8/10 bay models - 61xx/62xx series - ETA ??

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MDPlatts
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New 8/10 bay models - 61xx/62xx series - ETA ??

Post by MDPlatts »

Will there be 8/10 bay models of these two - looking for a 2nd NAS unit to replace my 608T (to be relegated to a backup) and would prefer the latest tech - which isnt the 50/51 series equivalents.

When might they appear (not that anyone in the UK is even selling the 50/51 models yet) ?
Last edited by MDPlatts on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
damien599901

Re: New models - 61/62 series - 8/10 bay models

Post by damien599901 »

MDPlatts wrote:Will there be 8/10 bay models of these two - looking for a 2nd NAS unit to replace my 608T (to be relegated to a backup) and would prefer the latest tech - which isnt the 50/51 series equivalents.

When might they appear (not that anyone in the UK is even selling the 50/51 models yet) ?

http://www.asustor.com/service/where_to ... ountry=185
(take a look at "Online Store")
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

Neither are good companies - VIP are bandits and the other I've never heard of - both seem to just take "enquiries" - e.g. they don't actually have stock in hand - my main supplier Scan cannot get the 51xx series modes until asus sell off all the old stock. I don't buy from Amazon either after they screwed me in 2005 - once on my banned list you never get an order again.

I consider the 50xx/51xx series to be last years models - only the 61xx/62xx series are what I would consider investing in at this point with their Braswell CPU's and some level of 4K support. I need Asus to release the 8/10 bay models of these and then suppliers to be able to order/deliver them.

I'm slowly buying in the 3TB WD reds for when the units become available - 4 down and 6 (7 with a spare) to go - I just need asus to get their collective fingers out, stop diluting the product line with too many different overlapping/obsolete models (remember OCZ with getting on for a dozen different SSD product ranges - look where that got them). Just keep the 31, 61, 62 and 70 series and forget the rest asap.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

The 610x's and 620x's aren't even on my list. Their CPU is just too short on power. The new 3x0x's are in the same boat, with the lack of CPU and non-expandable memory.

The 700x are about the only NAS I would think of recommending now, because the CPU is a full blown socketed i3 and the device can take 16GB of ram. With a serious chip in it from the get go, period. And a serious price tag, too.... It's like buying a new fridge.... You want to have the thing around for a few years after you spend the money. Unlike a microwave... Those are pretty much disposable these days.
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

Anything Asus ?? 6+ weeks and still no answers. We need to make purchases and the 50xx/51xx just aren't suitable/long-term buys any more.

Its just a motherboard swap inside the standard chassis so it shouldn't be that hard.

You need to trim your range/offerings to just the 10xx, 31xx, 61/62xx and the 70xx ranges - and quickly.
MikeG.6.5

Re: New 8/10 bay models - 61xx/62xx series - ETA ??

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Seriously, the 510x would better serve you long term than the 610x and 620x series... Those tiny CPU's may be more energy efficient, but they are also way short in power.

It's your call, but I would think from a business stand point, buying something that exceeds current needs and expected to last at least 3-5 years would be the smarter business model than buying something that is going to need either a full out replacement or upgrading in the next couple of years. I don't know your business model, but NASes are investments long term, just as rack mount servers would be considered. They are part of the network infrastructure. Or are you still sharing a dial-up connection for your internet access? I bet it's some form of broadband, and likely more than the business actual uses monthly.

And personally, I would trim the range down to the 50xx, 51xx and 70xx models. And invest serious development into a i7 or higher CPU for the next model. With 32GB or even 64GB max available ram. Maybe with an SSD dedicated strictly to OS and over-head, and drives for storage. But, what do I know....
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

Hi MacG
Why are you say that?
I believe ASUSTOR has saw those issue. Just only no response. but they has saw.....
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi all, thanks for your kind suggestion!!!
We do have the plan to launch 8/10 bay AS62 models by Q1 or early Q2 of next year!
MDPlatts

Post by MDPlatts »

Thanks (belatedly) for stating the bleeding obvious.

Well you need to hurry up - there are literally no 8/10 bay models in the UK bar the 7010 models and a couple of 608's - suppliers are being told there is no stock until the current last few (obsolete) dregs are all sold out. And what there is is being price hiked by 20-30% and probably are grey imports from other markets with little to no support.

Your competitors are cleaning up.

What MikeG says it totally correct - this forum and the level of Asus/Asutor commitment is a joke. Asus need to some in and sort things out.

Some of the "UK" suppliers listed on the website don't even stock asustor any more.

Return to “Presales”