Moving drives and Raid information from AS-604T to AS-606T

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gponcho
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Moving drives and Raid information from AS-604T to AS-606T

Post by gponcho »

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing the AS-606T unit. I currently have the AS-604T and would like to move the current drives in the 604T unit to the 606T unit. Can you answer the following Questions:

1. Firstly can this be done? If so how?
2. Will I lose my current Raid 5 setup for my 4 drives and therefore not be able to access any information that is on those drives if I move it from the 604T to the 606T unit
3. Can I later add 1 or 2 more drives to the existing Raid 5 that was created with the 4 drives without loosing any data?

Are the 606T and 604T units being replaced with new units and if so what models and will you maintain ADM updates to these models

Thanks
MikeG.6.5

Re: Moving drives and Raid information from AS-604T to AS-606T

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

1. Yes, just unplug the drives from the powered down 604T and plug them in to the powered down 606T and turn on the power on the 606T. Use the Asustor Control Center app to get back into your NAS. (Passwords, naming and everything should remain the same, but it's best to check it all with the Control Center app first.)

2. You should not lose you data, but you may want to make sure you have a good back up just in case. I went from a 202T to a 7004T no issues with data. I had to install new apps for the 64-bit OS, but other than that everything worked great. (You won't have this issue.)

3. Yes, you can add additional drives to the existing volume, to extend it across more drives, or you can also add larger drives to existing drive raids... Going from a 3T drive set to 6TB, just go into the Storage Manager and follow the prompts there.

Can't answer the last question you have, and there traditionally hasn't been a large presence of Asustor employees on these boards, so no idea...
orion

Re: Moving drives and Raid information from AS-604T to AS-606T

Post by orion »

gponcho wrote:Are the 606T and 604T units being replaced with new units and if so what models and will you maintain ADM updates to these models
Based on CPU performance, I think AS-5x08T and AS-7008T are the newer models compared to AS-606T. And the functions that Mike mentioned should work fine among all models according to asustor claims.

Return to “Presales”