Symantec Backup Exec Support

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gorphus
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Symantec Backup Exec Support

Post by gorphus »

Do any of the Asustor NAS devices support being backed up through Backup Exec? According to Symantec the NAS needs to support NDMP service. I am mainly interested in the AS5110T, but if that is not possible on that NAS, I am open to other models.

Thanks,

Jonathan Pray
crazynas

Re: Symantec Backup Exec Support

Post by crazynas »

Hi
Why are you interested in the AS5110T?? ;)
Elrique64

Re: Symantec Backup Exec Support

Post by Elrique64 »

crazynas wrote:Hi
Why are you interested in the AS5110T?? ;)
Perhaps his interest is based on features/cost benefits??? the question is about a network protocol and not about the NAS. Really wish you read the posts you reply to sometimes... :(

I'm fairly sure that the Asustor NAS's don't support NDMP protocols. They don't say anything on the product information pages about it, and since this is a specific protocol for network back ups, I would think it would be listed.

Having said that, there are other applications that can do the back ups you require that DO work quite well with the Asustor products. These apps can range from Asustor's own back up programs for Windows/MAC, automatic FTP uploads, directory sync jobs, MS Active Directory, things like ownCloud (drop box clone, hosted on the NAS and not needing off-site accounts.) as well as a few others I may have missed.

If nothing else, posting a requirement for this in either a trouble ticket (Through Asustor's ticketing system) or in the Feature Request forum here might get a response or application developed that would fit your needs.

Return to “Presales”