Difference between models ...

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
sam
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Difference between models ...

Post by sam »

I am thinking of acquiring an Asustor ... Is difference between models is only the number of baies and the power of the processor or , is there somme applications that higher models have and lower models don't have ?
Thanks
Sam , nas addict ...
crazynas

Re: Difference between models ...

Post by crazynas »

Hi
asustor provide comparison model... ;)
http://www.asustor.com/product?product_type=all&lan=en
samy

Post by samy »

Hi,
Thanks for answer and comparison table. It seems that models are quite similar in use... I will look more further in details, because I am thinking of having an asustor nas ... ;)
My blog about Nas
Elrique64

Post by Elrique64 »

The comparisons page you were referred to gives you Asustor's view of what they feel is a typical use scenario, and might not fit your expectations.

I bought my AS-202T after doing some looking around for a media server. I spend over 6 months a year in remote Alaska and with nothing to do here but go on-line or drink beer at the bar, I needed something to host and serve my media. Plex seemed like the perfect answer to me, on a NAS, since I could put the NAS on the plane with me as carry on... I only have 10 or so people on my users list, but they are spread to one end of the world to the other, and connection quality changes from one day to the next. The AS-202T doesn't have the CPU to support my use.

Looking at it now, after over a year of owning it, I should have waited to get this NAS for something with more horsepower. The 70xx series has the horses I need to support my use, transcoding media to clients around the world.

My point is this: How are you intending to use your NAS? What apps are you going to use and are those apps available on the specific model you are looking at? How many people will be using your NAS at a time, and how will they use it? Are you going to use it as a media server? What method of serving the media do you intend to use? Is this intended as a simple file server for a company/business?

These are all questions that can give you a better understanding of your need, and can help you make a good decision on your purchase. The expectations you have might not fit the reality of what you buy.

Return to “Presales”