Is 7004T worth the price difference over the 604T

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rhapling
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Is 7004T worth the price difference over the 604T

Post by Rhapling »

Hi,

I've been looking for a new NAS for awhile and i think my choice as stopped on Asustor.

I was looking into 4 bay and after a few research i stopped my choice on the 604T before the AS70xx series was launched. Now is it really worth the money to get a 7004T instead of the 604T.

I've compared the 2 models and close to none of the difference between the 2 bothers me except the 4k and the RAM upgrade. The i3 is a nice to have, but is it really?

Thanks
Kerry

Re: Is 7004T worth the price difference over the 604T

Post by Kerry »

If you plan to have many applications running at the same time, I guess a more powerful CPU and more memory will help for multiple tasking. If not, then 604 should be a bargain. For myself if I have the budget I will go for the powerful one....
Rhapling

Post by Rhapling »

Thanks Kerry.

Not really on budget, as for running many apps, not sure how many but yeah i'll run a few. Maybe what would be many? I know i will have at least 5-6 which in my book aint many.

The other point that make me take it in consideration is the life of the NAS, since i'd like to keep it for a few years i'm guessing that the 7004T would be a better bet, long term talking but again double the price seems a bit overrated.
DutchFIX

Post by DutchFIX »

Maybe you should also look now to the newly released 5 series..

I have a 6 series so hope the 5 series is performance wise also placed below the 6. But it's like with all hardware, you always want to have the newest although your old one is still good enough.. (feel my pain :) )

But indeed the 7 series price is kinda steep compared to the 604. Depends if you worry about spending to much and in what kind of scenerio you place the NAS. For small companies or professional use i would recommend the 7...
Also if you plan of using the HDMI it would be better to take the new one or look at the new 5 series..

D
pakarmy

Post by pakarmy »

Thank you for the response. It is good to know about the youtube ability.
I would like a yes or no answer for question 2 though as I do not use remotes or virtual keyboards (I only use full size physical keyboards)............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice post

Return to “Presales”