AS-302T

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

drongo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-302T

Post by drongo »

I am currently a QNAP NAS user and looking to upgrade to the 302T. can anybody confirm that XBMC and logitec media server runs properly on this unit.

Also does anybody know whether the NAS automatically creates thumbnil and web resolution images for all pictures added to the photo share?

Best regards
Drongo
Kerry

Re: AS-302T

Post by Kerry »

I have As-304 and I can play most my downloaded MKV smoothly. And for all the photos that I put in photogallery share can be generated without any issue. You can have a look at their demo site: demo.myasustor.com:8000. I do not have any Logitech device so I do not know about the Logitech app.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

drongo wrote:I am currently a QNAP NAS user and looking to upgrade to the 302T. can anybody confirm that XBMC and logitec media server runs properly on this unit.
If you are OK with xbmc 12.x, very likely not to be upgraded to 13 or Kody, with audio going out of sync very often, with no digital audio passtrough and all the other problems/issues you can read here:

http://forum.asustor.com/viewforum.php?f=65

Then go for it.

Or maybe i can sell you my 304T, i'm really going to have enough of the non-anwers from Asustor.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
drongo

Post by drongo »

Thanks for the replies. QNAp have also been having problems with XBMC and they also blamed INTEL. When I saw this ASUS unit I thought this would be a better bet than the QNAP TS-269 but now I am not sure anymore.
Derek

Post by Derek »

dhstsw wrote:
drongo wrote:...Or maybe i can sell you my 304T, i'm really going to have enough of the non-anwers from Asustor.
You are absolutely correct. At least the UK kitchen spam has gone (after I complained). HOWEVER most other manufacturers forums are also pathetic. Try this for a joke: advice and opinion from "Official QNAP Forum":

"there is no reason to keep paying those guys [QNAP] ridiculous amounts of money, it is technically better and cheaper solution to purchase HP Microserver in preference to a QNAP box, QNAP marketing strategies have gone from annoying to outright ridiculous, QNAP products have ridiculous bitrot inside, well hidden from prospective customers, QNAP charge people $$$ premium for selling them a crippled Linux(...) buggy GUI(...) years outdated Apache, QNAP has horrible HW upgrade procedure unfixed for all those years, unmaintained packages which become a serious security hole, QNAP has absolutely nonexistent customer communication and clueless support"...

...and so it goes and goes, including the poster attacking QNAP in his signature line. All that is quoted from a SINGLE post: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=96460.

Spam? Not really, it comes from a member with 7,000 posts!

But QNAP did not see it! Not really, the forum admin and QNAP management were notified, and responded in true Honey Badger spirit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wi7Ugct1w

The point I am making is this: ignore the forums, buy a box you really like (and I happen to believe in Asustor boxes). But if you really want a NAS which has informative, friendly and intelligent support... DYI.

Return to “Presales”