Purchase suggestions and questions

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
jemsurvey
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Purchase suggestions and questions

Post by jemsurvey »

Hello all,

New to NAS and beginner when it comes to networking and Linux. I'm considering purchase of an AS-604T for backups, remote access, multimedia use and as a photo archive. I am also considering the QNAP TS-451. I have a concern about the 604T in that it is becoming older hardware and if I purchase now in 3-months there could be a newer hardware platform, maybe even sooner. Is this a misplaced concern? Also as Asustor is a relative newcomer to the game it is hard to get a feel for potential ongoing issues which may arise.

I have been diving deeply into the QNAP community and there seems to be some recurring issues which afflict a fair number of users. As a beginner ease of use is important and the more I can stay away from having to dive into the Linux command structure to solve problems the better. I guess what I'm looking for are users views on the overall experience with their NAS and if anyone has had experience with both QNAP and Asustor I would like your opinions.

Thanks for the help,
John
zakspop

Re: Purchase suggestions and questions

Post by zakspop »

Hardware wise Asustor seems to be tops but sofware wise they are behind some of the older players. That being said they are still good units. If stability and ease of use are what you are after then Synology might be the way to go but you will pay for that stability. I had a Synology but as it was one of their cheaper models it was slow. My As-202TE is quite a bit faster but ADM is not as good as Synology's DSM.

Return to “Presales”