AS-302T or AS-602T

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
Rychu
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-302T or AS-602T

Post by Rychu »

Hi,

I'm looking for my first NAS for home using. I chose Asustor instead of Synology or Qnap because of specification and price.
But I'm before choice which one AS-302T or AS-602T will be have enough power for:
1. Running XMBC via HDMI to TV LG.
2. Remuxing or transcoding mkv to TV Sony Bravia which can't support mkv.
3. Running 3 camera
4. Running Cloud and watch photo from Android device.
Everything at the same time. Will the processor of AS-302T be enough?

Could somebody explain me. Whether the Media Player v2 is transcoding or remuxing mkv for older Bravia TVs? I know that Synology can do remuxing mkv files without necessary of transcoding (heavily load processor).

When will be AS-602T with HDMI 1.4 (I know it's need hardware changes)?

Regards
Allen@AST

Re: AS-302T or AS-602T

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi Rychu,

1. No problem running XBMC on your LG TV.

2. Currently we only support transcoding for audio and images and not video with UPnP Media Server V2, so unfortunately you will not be able to use this method to watch mkv files on your TV.

3. No problem running 3 cameras. Our Surveillance Center offers 4 free camera channels.

4. Our mobile photo app AiFoto will be available for Android devices soon. So you will have no problem viewing photos on the NAS with your mobile device.

The processor for the AS-302T will be able to handle all of the tasks mentioned above, simultaneously.

For the AS-602T, the HDMI version is a hardware limitation, but we will take your suggestion about the upgrade into consideration.

Thanks for your questions,

Allen
Rychu

Re: AS-302T or AS-602T

Post by Rychu »

Thanks for reply,

I found this link:
http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... --minidlna
I see that MediaServer v2 allow Sony PS3 to get to mkv files although the PS3 normally don't support mkv files. So that's why I ask about remuxing.

Are You sure that MediaServer v2 don't do remuxing (not transcoding)?

Synology has something lik that
http://www.synology.com/en-uk/support/faq/577
And there is "For PlayStation 3 and Sony TV, remuxing is available to support MKV."

Is there any possobility to get AS-302T for testing in Poland (demo device for forum users) to check this option?

Regards,

Return to “Presales”