AS-304T vs AS-604T and Compatibility

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

LMP
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-304T vs AS-604T and Compatibility

Post by LMP »

I have an Asus DSL-N55U Router and Hard drives WD RE 2000 FYYZ. According to WD homepage these will work with the Asustor NAS, but I do not find them in your compatibility list. I also do not find my router in your list. I assume if there is any NAS that will work with my N55U it should be yours.

Can you give me an advise if my router and hard drives will work with any of AS-304T or AS-604T?

I also would like to know which functions that differs in the both NAS-models.

Thanks for your help!
Auberon2k

Re: AS-304T vs AS-604T and Compatibility

Post by Auberon2k »

Howdy. I'm running 5 WD RED 3TB drives in my AS-608T, as are quite a few other guys around. They will work fine. As for the router, I've never heard of any compatibility issues between any NAS and a router. I've had my NAS connected to three different Routers recently. My original DLink DIR-655 (started rebooting randomly), replaced with a Linksys EA6400 (lacked range I needed :( ) and finally my new Dlink DIR-850L. The NAS worked without issues when connected or even swapped between these routers, all within a one week period. Should be fine connected to the Asus.
LMP

Re: AS-304T vs AS-604T and Compatibility

Post by LMP »

Thanks!
I agree with you that it should work. The 3TB WD is in the compatibility list, but not the 2TB disk, which I think is strange, there might be an error in the list at Asustors homepage.
For the router I have understood that the N-55 is similar to N-65 so, yes it should work.
I wonder if the Asustor Presales have any comment on this.

Return to “Presales”