Moving to 202TE?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
Faktados
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Moving to 202TE?

Post by Faktados »

I'm considering a new NAS box, and the 202TE is on the top of my list. However, I wonder how easy it is to move the disks from old now paralyzed box to the 202TE. The disks are in ext4 format, so is there a way of migrating without loss of data or should I just prepare some temporary storage?
soilderco

Re: Moving to 202TE?

Post by soilderco »

Hi
You can use external HDD Box copy to AS-202TE.... ;)
Storage: AS-302T
Faktados

Post by Faktados »

I spent money on a external disk or box, I could just put my disks in there and run a media server on my desktop? That isn't a very elegant solution, and it would also be a waste of money.
orion

Post by orion »

I think it's hardly compatible and recognized among different nas brands. You should need temporary storage.
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

Since you are looking at the TE (not T) I assume you have an interest in the XBMC functionality - please note that there is currently an audio driver bug affecting much (most?) of the Asustor range (deifinitely the 2/3 series and probably the 6 series) - there are issues in XBMC with audio sync and Asustor are blaming intel and have no current resolution date for this issue.

Sometimes it's not to bad, other times videos can be unwatchable. The sync settings on XBMC make no difference.
Asustor are saying nothing about this other than it's not their problem... wait an undetermined time for intel to release new drivers.

As a NAS/multipurpose server, the products are awesome - until they do something about the media capabilities, I would be very cautious about purchasing as a HTPC - of course YMMV - but there are pleny media devices on the market (even a lowly RaspberryPI doesn't have this issue) that currently do media better

Return to “Presales”