2 Series Questions

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

moosehead11
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

2 Series Questions

Post by moosehead11 »

Hello

I'm looking at purchasing a NAS for storing all of my Multimedia Files so that multiple people can access them in our house. I'm wondering if the 202TE can handle this function. I have read that the 302 can do transcoding and i was also wondering if the 202TE is capable of this too?

Also if i were to say step up to the 204 sis that capable of handing multiple Raids (ie a 2x Raid 1 or 2x Raid 0). The reason for asking this is that i currently i have two 1.5TB WD Green Drives (mot ideal i know for NAS buts its what i currently have) that i will be using in RAID 0 and down the road if i want to add two NAS drives to the setup i'm not sure how they would work with the exisitng Green's

Thanks in advance for any help insight
Allen@AST

Re: 2 Series Questions

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi moosehead 11,

The 202 TE supports decoding but not encoding. Yes, the 302 supports transcoding, however we currently do not have an App released for this type of function. We are planning to release one in the future.

Yes, the 204 is capable of handling multiple RAID volumes. You are able to 2x RAID 1 or 2x RAID 0 like you mentioned. You can also choose to add hard disks to an existing volume and expand it. More information about this can be found here:

http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... ansion.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Allen

Return to “Presales”