AS-302T or As-602T?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Tsburt
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-302T or As-602T?

Post by Tsburt »

I'm wondering if anyone has advice around whether the 602 is worth the extra 100+ bucks? I'm mainly planning to use the NAS as a media streamer - mainly movies and photos - as well as a PVR. Obviously the 602 has better specs but given that the 302 processor is aimed specifically at media streaming - is there that much difference?

I'd also like to be able to watch and record television through the DVB add-on for XBMC. Is this possible to do with the 302 as I've read otherwise.

Thanks in advance
sys

Re: AS-302T or As-602T?

Post by sys »

I have AS-604T and AS-304T. For video playing, I just use AS-304T. But for business data storage, I use AS-604T. For me, there is virtually no difference while playing video (mostly mkv) with Boxee in AS-604T or XBMC in AS-304T. But as AS-304T has the infrared built in, I got Asustor Remote also for easy maneuvering.

For the DVB, I do not know as I do not use this function.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

DVBLink is available as an apkg, and within XBMC you can have a DVBlink pvr addon and a DVBLink program addon. The PVR addon just needs to be added via the zip import option... It may not be compatible and therefore would need to be recompiled... On a VM... I did this on another NAS, but have not yet done on my Asustor system... If you can't get this to work, please let me know and I can send you a recompiled addon.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

Thanks so much for the advice. Really
Looking forward to getting one - the 302 by the looks of it. Clinton - I'll certainly
Drop you a line if I can't get it all to work!

Thanks again
Rychu

Post by Rychu »

Hello,

I'm looking for my 1st 2 bays NAS for home. First off all, NAS should storage my data (photo, video, music etc.) of course each NAS is created for this. The second important issue is that I have TV Sony HX series which doesn't support mkv files. So exist two ways to solve this problem either transcoding or XBMC via HDMI. In the future I would like to connect cameras.
At the moment I have few device which could achieve my demands.
1. AS-302T
+ XBMC
+ online camera via HDMI
+ 4 camera without license
+ price
+ processor - hardware support for transcoding which maybe will be used in the future in PLEX
+ Irda port - remote control
- processor only 1.6GHz - I'm not sure if enough for 1080p videos with high bitrate and 3D
2. AS-602T
+ XBMC
+ Boxee
+ Online camera via HDMI
+ 4 camera without license
+ processor - 2.13GHz
- processor - without hardware support for transcoding which maybe will be use in the future in PLEX
- price
3. Synology DS214play
+ DiskStaition which support remuxing mkv files for show it on TV Sony and PS3 so I don't need HDMI
+ price
+ processor - hardware support for transcoding which maybe will be use in the future in PLEX
+ very good support
- 1 camera license for free
- without HDMI - so no XBMC and online camera

What is better XBMC or Boxee?
Whether Asustor have MediaServer which allow me watch mkv files on my TV Sony something like in Synology DiskStation (remuxing)?
Any sugestions? Maybe I something omit what it's very important in NAS.

Regards

Return to “Presales”