share files

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

determined
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

share files

Post by determined »

Is there feature that would send an invitation by email, sharing files through internet (like the paid cloud services). And if so, what would be the procedure using the Asustor NAS.
Allen@AST

Re: share files

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi determined,

Yes, we have a feature that can allow you to share files through the internet. Our NAS's "File Explorer" file manager allows you to create "Share Links" which are download links to files on the NAS. You can use this feature to create download links for people who may not have accounts on the NAS. This allows them to download files from your NAS without logging in.

The procedure is very simple for creating Share Links. After opening up File Explorer you would select the file of your choice, right click on it, and then click on "Create Share Link". The next step would be to specify an expiration date for the link and whether you wish to create a password for it or not. After this step, a download link will be created that you can share via email by clicking on the "Mail" button.

I have included a screenshot for your reference. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Allen
Attachments
ShareLink.png
ShareLink.png (152.49 KiB) Viewed 14260 times
thepaladin

Post by thepaladin »

Allen@AST wrote:Hi determined,

Yes, we have a feature that can allow you to share files through the internet. Our NAS's "File Explorer" file manager allows you to create "Share Links" which are download links to files on the NAS. You can use this feature to create download links for people who may not have accounts on the NAS. This allows them to download files from your NAS without logging in.

The procedure is very simple for creating Share Links. After opening up File Explorer you would select the file of your choice, right click on it, and then click on "Create Share Link". The next step would be to specify an expiration date for the link and whether you wish to create a password for it or not. After this step, a download link will be created that you can share via email by clicking on the "Mail" button.

I have included a screenshot for your reference. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Allen
how I can change the IP address for the host name?
yogi

Post by yogi »

good question, wth DDNS enabled generating links with i.e. xxx.myasustor.com would be a great feature...

also https links when enabled in general settings as option would be great.

;)
Home Storage: 8x Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD 8TB ST8000VN0022 @ 608T
thepaladin

Post by thepaladin »

thanks for the suggestion but still get the same :!: :!:
Activate HTTPS
Activate HTTPS
Schermata 07-2456489 alle 02.52.56.png (64.59 KiB) Viewed 12761 times
share link even with IP
share link even with IP
Schermata 07-2456489 alle 02.53.29.png (30.45 KiB) Viewed 12761 times
yogi

Post by yogi »

hi paladin,

i said both would be great features, not that it is working yet ... :mrgreen:

here is my workaround:
go to settings > easy of access > DDNS
and sign up for myasustor.com - it is free
or choose another ddns you like or already have an acc.
then replace -manually- your ip = http://79.45.82.112
with the ddns i.e. = http://yourname.myasustor.com:8000/portal/.....

forget about https right now and dont forget to forward port 8000 in your router.

hopefully both will become options in a future link agg app ;)
Allen@AST

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi guys,

Generating Share Links with DDNS ("xxxxx.myasustor.com") will be available in the next version of ADM.

Thanks for your patience!

Allen
yogi

Post by yogi »

thx allen, good news, but dont forget the https ... ;)
thepaladin

Post by thepaladin »

Great, thx allen
wde

Post by wde »

Allen@AST wrote:Hi guys,

Generating Share Links with DDNS ("xxxxx.myasustor.com") will be available in the next version of ADM.

Thanks for your patience!

Allen
This is good news.

I was going to suggest this to the Gallery 3 app developer (for posting images via DDNS links in forums like this one) but can find no place in this forum for Gallery 3 app queries. At present, I'm long pressing on the photo to get the address then changing my WAN IP to DDNS share name. A very tedious process.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)

Return to “Presales”