NAS problem after its configuration file deleted

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
Astro
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS problem after its configuration file deleted

Post by Astro »

Hi there,

I am having a problem with my testing unit (ASUSTOR AS-606T), I have already configured the unit with 6 x 2 TB (RAID 6), but currently get a problem since I deleted one file from its console via putty, I suspect the deleted file is NAS.conf , now when I turn on the unit, it only gives me an option to reinitialize the disk. Is there any way to mount the RAID volume manually.

Please any hint for this case. Thanks in advance

Best Regard
Astro
James.S@AST

Re: NAS problem after its configuration file deleted

Post by James.S@AST »

Hi Astro,

I am sorry to hear that you NAS is not working well after its configuration file deleted.
To control the NAS with console mode (SSH service) you have to be very careful doing any change.
Because some of the changes might not be reversed or fixed, NAS.conf file is one of the example.
We have no tools to fix this issue now, sorry for that!

Cheers,
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
Astro

Post by Astro »

Hi PIXAR@AST,

Since the RAID volume was formatted in Ext4 file system, is it possible to reassemble and mount the RAID volume manually from Ubuntu/Centos Linux OS. Could you please explain in more detail about that nas.conf function. Is there any way to know how long will a RAID rebuild take, it would be nice that information is also displayed on "storage manager".

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Astro
James.W@AST

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi Astro,

Yes it's possible to mount the RAID volume manually on your Linux. However, you will need to know how to use mdadm first, then you can mount the data partition on your Linux machine.

The nas.conf stores most of the major (and basic) configurations of your NAS, such as server name, date time settings, networking settings and so forth, therefore, you should not modify it unless you know what exactly you are doing. We do not recommend our customers to modify it by themselves under any circumstances since it may crash the system.

And yes, we will enhance the information regarding the RAID operations, such as migration, synchronization. Thanks about that : )

Buzz
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
Astro

Post by Astro »

Hi James.W@AST,

Sorry for the late response :). My problem has solved, I mounted my ASUSTOR hdds from Slax, it`s installed on an USB FD, I plugged out the disks and attached it to my PC and then booted from that USB FD . Since the hard drive partition table uses GPT, in order to know the partition layout, we need to use "parted" command or by typing "cat /proc/partition", using the latter command, I can see md127/md128 as RAID volume and finally what I did is mount that volume manually using "mount" command

Your help was greatly appreciated

Regards,
Astro
James.W@AST

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi Astro,

Thanks for the information :)
Oh and, volume information for RAID operations (sync, rebuild...etc) has been improved since 1.0.6
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200

Return to “Presales”