Memory upgrade for AS664T

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MadDogDean
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Memory upgrade for AS664T

Post by MadDogDean »

Looking to find information on the the AS6604T. Sorry for all the noob questions, but I am overseas and everything I need has to be ordered and shipped through Amazon - nothing here is local!

I am looking to upgrade the RAM on the AS6604T. In addition to NAS functions, I want to start playing with Docker containers, web development, etc. I want to be able to pipe 2 IP cameras in as well.

I am confused with the information on memory upgrades. On one had it states one 4GB memory module is installed and it supports 2x 4GB modules. But when I look at the Compatibility page, I see all kinds of listings for 8GB & 16GB modules being compatible with the AS66 series (actually there is only the 6602 & 6604). Here is a sample of Kingston only (no preference, just an example).

What can and can't be done with memory?

Thanks, MadDogDean
Attachments
Memory.jpg
Memory.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
orion

Re: Memory upgrade for AS664T

Post by orion »

It means there are 2 DDR slots and 4GB is installed on one of slots by default. So you can buy one DDR module (4GB, 8GB or 16GB) to install on the other slot. Of course, if you are rich enough, you can dump the default 4GB DDR and buy two 16GB DDR (total 32GB).

mm... Not sure why asustor does not change the spec description about "8GB (2 x 4GB)" https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/product/spec?p_id=69. After all, asustor tests all of those DDR modules (4GB / 8GB / 16GB) which are listed in compatibility table. I think the compatibility table (which is tested) is more convincing than sales page.
MadDogDean

Post by MadDogDean »

Thanks again. 10 points and a beer for orion :)
MadDogDean

Post by MadDogDean »

By the way orion, is there a way to contact Tech Support without opening a ticket?
I have not yet bought the AS6604T and without a serial number I cannot open a ticket o.O

Asustor recommends the Kingston KVR26S17D8 but this model is not available and is superseded by the Kingston KVR26S19S6

Is the newer memory module compatible?

Cheers
MadDogDean

Post by MadDogDean »

Must be going blind!!! Didn't find that link.
Cheers

Return to “Presales”