Asustor AS5202T - inadequate UPnP & HDMI features

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

KneeDownMarc
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor AS5202T - inadequate UPnP & HDMI features

Post by KneeDownMarc »

Just a comment for anyone considering the Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor 2)

I have been very disappointed with this NAS Box from a technical point of view: 2 key features that made me choose it over the competition, are unusable in the real world:
1) The Asustor UPnP Server (incompatible with all 6 devices in my home (2 modern Android phones, Android tablet, LG TV and Windows Laptop & Desktop)
2) The HDMI port (requires an external keyboard, Mouse and running a sort of web interface to access content - there's no App to control it for e.g)
Plus the HDD compatibility list is incomplete, missing off popular smaller drives (e.g. 2TB Seagate Ironwolf) which actually work perfectly with it.

The drive has just one redeeming feature... it's fast.

But you can buy the same speed for less from other manufacturers, and when comparing you need to know what its real capabilities are vs what the Marketing people would have you believe.
orion

Re: Asustor AS5202T - inadequate UPnP & HDMI features

Post by orion »

KneeDownMarc wrote: 1) The Asustor UPnP Server (incompatible with all 6 devices in my home (2 modern Android phones, Android tablet, LG TV and Windows Laptop & Desktop)
I guess you should mean media server (DLNA or others). There are many UPnP/DLNA server packages in AppCentral. What do you install? I believe there are something wrong in your setup.
KneeDownMarc wrote: 2) The HDMI port (requires an external keyboard, Mouse and running a sort of web interface to access content - there's no App to control it for e.g)
Did you install AiRemote app in your phone? That app can control HDMI applications. And there is a physical IR remote that you can buy from Asustor.

Return to “Presales”