What to buy?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

chalky
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

What to buy?

Post by chalky »

I currently have an AS-602T in my bedroom that is too noisy, running at an average 35dB. I have changed the fan and set it to slow speed which is currently 2272RPM. What 2 bay model would you suggest that will be quieter than my current model.

Alternatively can you suggest ways in which I can make it quiet or indeed put it to sleep during night hours bearing in mind I have Plex Media Server installed.

Hope you can help.
orion

Re: What to buy?

Post by orion »

You can try to set to "low" speed under ADM web -> Settings -> Hardware -> FAN. It's much quiet, but hard disk temperature might be a little higher.

And I think you can setup power scheduling (ADM -> Setting -> Hardware -> Power control) to let NAS sleep at night and wake up at daylight.
chalky

Post by chalky »

I have set fan to low speed but nothing appears to change.

I have also tried sleep mode but the unit has difficulties when trying to resume?
orion

Post by orion »

chalky wrote:I have set fan to low speed but nothing appears to change.

I have also tried sleep mode but the unit has difficulties when trying to resume?
That should be caused by the FAN you changed, 2272RPM is kind of high. You can change it to the original one to check the FAN speed.

You can wake NAS up by ACC software or AiMaster software on your phone. Of course, you'll need to setup those software first when NAS is working (not in sleep mode).

Return to “Presales”