How picky is the AS5202T for Hard Disk's?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

KneeDownMarc
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How picky is the AS5202T for Hard Disk's?

Post by KneeDownMarc »

Hiya,
I'm new to multi disk NAS boxes and have just ordered an AS5020T for use in my home to reliably store key documents and also stream audio/visual files... but disappointingly there are only three 2TB HD's listed as compatible for it on the product web site. (and I can't find them for sale anywhere!)

Can I ask if the AS5020T is very picky with the HD's it will work with, or will most good quality SATA HD's designed for NAS use, be acceptable?

For eg, will the following work?
- Seagate ST2000VN004 IronWolf 2TB SATA Hard Drive for NAS
- WD Red™ Plus NAS Hard Drive 3.5 - WD20EFRX

I don't mind if the above aren't the fastest, etc... but obviously don't want to buy them and then find the AS5020T won't recognize or use them.

Thank you for any guidance.

Kr, Marc
orion

Re: How picky is the AS5202T for Hard Disk's?

Post by orion »

I believe most of HDDs should work. However, why do you not simply check the compatibility list? https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/service/hd?id=hd
KneeDownMarc

Post by KneeDownMarc »

HI Orion,
Thanks for the swift and reassuring response!

To answer your question, I have and unfortunately there are only three 2TB HDD's listed. And i can't find any of them for sale. Do you know why common 2TB NAS-specific HDD's like the Seagate IronWolf and WD Red aren't listed as "compatible" if they will work?

Kr, Marc
orion

Post by orion »

I believe that there are too many models to test them all. So they only list the tested models.
KneeDownMarc

Post by KneeDownMarc »

Thanks Orion,
That seems a shame as they are one of the two most popular ranges of drives...

Perhaps you could solicit user feedback via this forum and share the collective experiences of your customers?

I'm happy to let you know how I get on with the 2 x Seagate 3.5" IronWolf 2TB 5900T-NAS (ST2000VN004) HDDs that I've ordered?

Kr,
Marc
KneeDownMarc

Post by KneeDownMarc »

A Quick update on this thread...

The 2TB Seagate ironwolf ST2000VN004-2HDD hard disks work perfectly with the AS5202T Nas box.

:-)

Marc

Return to “Presales”