ASUSTOR cabinet to host myArchive-Drives OUTSIDE the NAS available ?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Hard-Boiled
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ASUSTOR cabinet to host myArchive-Drives OUTSIDE the NAS available ?

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi,
hopefully this is the right thread to ask...

I'm using "myArchive" to backUp data and since i'm doing this with several backup-Generations i do have some myArchive-Drives in the meantime.

What I'm looking for some kind of "cabinet" to store the myArchive drives OUTSIDE of the NAS. Furthermore, i don't want to remove the drive from the tray, so, both should be kept connected.

Is ASUSTOR offering something for that purpose ? Or, is there a recommendation i could follow ?

PS: when looking at this page and scoll down to "Exclusive MyArchive Cold Backup Technology Unlimited Capacity Expansion" , there is a nice picture of some kind of Cabinet, which seems to host myArchive drives. Guess, this is just marketing, but no ASUSTOR procudt ?

Thanks !

// Link
https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/product/product/?p_id=69
orion

Re: ASUSTOR cabinet to host myArchive-Drives OUTSIDE the NAS available ?

Post by orion »

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. It seems that quite easy to find a cabinet, for example, a trunk, to store those myArchive drives. And you can buy extra trays from asustor (online shop). So you won't need to disassemble disk tray.
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi,
thanks for your feedback.

"So you won't need to disassemble disk tray."
Thats exactly, what i had in mind. I don't want to disassemble the drive from the tray. So, i'm looking for something, where i can put those (combined) into...

"It seems that quite easy to find a cabinet, for example, a trunk, to store those myArchive drives"
Not sure, what exactly you have in mind. Could you please point me to an example ?

Thanks in advance
SamInMT

Post by SamInMT »

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone is looking for an awesome way to transport MyAchrive drives, while keeping the HDD still in the caddy, this is the best option i've found, and it's only $13 at HarborFreight Tools: APACHE 1800 Weatherproof Protective Case, Small. The only place that sells the caddy is direct from Asustor in Taiwan for $40 each (but shipping is free). Kind of scary, but Asustor shipped the caddy right away and i got it in a week.

I bought 2 of them and then 3 MyArchive HDD"s. That way i can always rotate one drive offsite and never have to worry about 100% lose of data at my NAS location.

You just pluck out the small 1/2 inch cubes and the HDD/Caddy fits perfect. Fits in my backpack that i take to work every day. It is larger than i would like but smaller cases by Pelican or Sea to Shore or otherwise were $80+

Hope this helps someone! Now, i just need to start a new post to figure out how to unlock my encrypted MyArchive drives with newer Linux v20.x distro's! (Asustor support team is saying it's not possible so far).
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Hi,
Well, thanks for the suggestions, however, seems i was not able to explain, what i was looking for.

I was looking for something like this as shown at one of your product pages :

https://www.asustor.com/admv2?type=2&subject=9&sub=75 Scroll down to "MyArchive Now Supports Btrfs and Snapshots" and see the "cabinet" at the right...

When searching, i get tons of cabinets...but nothing like this. If somebody has a hint,where to find, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
Cabinet
Cabinet
Btrfs_and_Snapshots.png (56.68 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

Wow, that was quick ;-)

Thanks for the link, it didn't come to my mind to search for "camera cabinets", but these seem to be useful for hard-drives as well.
thanks again

Return to “Presales”