Lockerstor Gen 2 10gbe read/write experience

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

NicL
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Lockerstor Gen 2 10gbe read/write experience

Post by NicL »

Hi All,

I have a Lockerstor 2 Gen 2 with 2 12TB HDD drives in RAID1 EXT4 connected to a 10gbe home network but only running at 5gbe using the two onboard 2.5gbe NICs aggregated. I have 2 1TB NVME m.2 cache SSDs installed. MTU is set to 9000 and jumbo frames are enabled on the LAN.

Currently I'm seeing read speeds of ~450 MB/s and write speeds ~270 MB/s and RND4k IOPS around 5800 which isn't bad.

I'm not saturating the 10gbe NIC in my workstation and I'd like to know whether going to a Lockerstor 4 or 6 Gen 2 with a 10gbe NIC would give me much higher read and write speeds, for 4k+ video editing directly, loading Steam games fast and general home use cases. Do I need to populate it with SSDs to get a substantial increase?

My quesion is, has anyone maxed out a 10gbe connection using Lockerstor Gen 2 or any other consumer or enthusuast NAS, what read/write speeds have you achieved and what config did you settle on?

Alternatively I'm looking at a self-build solution using an old gaming PC but I don't really have the time for that!

Return to “Presales”