Hardware Acceleration / Client not compatible

Jellyfin is the Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas.
hertie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hardware Acceleration / Client not compatible

Post by hertie »

Dear Jellyfin users,

I have a new Asustor machine (AS6702) which is powered by an Intel CPU with a GPU onboard. Running Jellyfin, I am trying to use hardware accelerated transcoding to reduce the CPU workload (VAAPI and QSV). But I can not get it to work.

I can transcode several files without hardware acceleration (HEVC and AVC codec) but the CPU load is pretty high. When I activate hardware acceleration (basic settings) every client (several) returns an error message on the same files, that the client is not compatible to the media format sent.

Any ideas what I could do differently?

Regards,
hertie
Nazar78

Re: Hardware Acceleration / Client not compatible

Post by Nazar78 »

My model doesn't support QSV so I can't tell but is your renderer node pointed correctly? E.g. VA-API: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Check the logs to see what's the issue, change it to debug if necessary. Get into the container and you can even run ffmpeg commands shown in the logs to troubleshoot.

I'm not running the docker version from the App Central, instead in chroot but they're similar.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
hertie

Post by hertie »

Nazar78 wrote:but is your renderer node pointed correctly? E.g. VA-API: /dev/dri/renderD128.

Yes, it is. I am running the App Central docker version.

Excerpt from one transcode log file
[h264_vaapi @ 0x55589d76b580] Driver does not support VBR RC mode (supported modes: CQP).
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
[libfdk_aac @ 0x55589d7657c0] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!
Still not knowing what to change.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm not sure of your model, perhaps QSV will not work so just try using VA-API alone.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/admin ... en11-igpus
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Jellyfin”