Updating to new version

Jellyfin is the Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas.
wonderbread
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Updating to new version

Post by wonderbread »

Since this is the Docker version of Jellyfin I assume it can be update independently without needing to wait for new versions to be put on App Central?

I don't have any experience with docker, would it be much trouble to update to v10.4.1 without losing my current settings?
Patrick

Re: Updating to new version

Post by Patrick »

wonderbread wrote:Since this is the Docker version of Jellyfin I assume it can be update independently without needing to wait for new versions to be put on App Central?

I don't have any experience with docker, would it be much trouble to update to v10.4.1 without losing my current settings?
Hi,

There are 2 ways to update the docker image and container directly, don’t need to update apkg in App Central.

1. You can install “Portainer” from App Central, and refer to the followings college that ASUSTOR provided to update it in Portainer directly, this can work for all apps which is based on docker.
https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/online/Co ... c=145#dpt7

2. Another simple way is just to uninstall the app from App Central, and then install it again.
Most docker app will keep the data and configuration in shared folder, which will not be removed while you uninstall the App from App Central, and while install it again, it will pull latest image from dockerhub, and then the version will be the latest one in dockerhub.

Sorry for late response, since I don't know there is an sub forum for Jellyfin.
Merry X'mas and Happy New Year ! 8-)
AS3204T / AS6102T , ADM 4.0
AS5304T + kodi 18 => 4K 10bits videos, have a try...

Return to “Jellyfin”