Wireguard on ASUSTOR

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
dantax
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Wireguard on ASUSTOR

Post by dantax »

Hello!
I'd like the asustor to support wireguard vpn. Been trying to get it running on Linux central but can't seem to get it to play. Apperantly you have to update the kernel headers, and that seems hopeless. Is this possible to implement in the future? Or is there A way to make it happen? Through entware-ng or something?

Best regards!

//Dantax
damien599901

Re: Wireguard on ASUSTOR

Post by damien599901 »

dantax wrote:Hello!
I'd like the asustor to support wireguard vpn. Been trying to get it running on Linux central but can't seem to get it to play. Apperantly you have to update the kernel headers, and that seems hopeless. Is this possible to implement in the future? Or is there A way to make it happen? Through entware-ng or something?

Best regards!

//Dantax
can you be more specific?
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
dantax

Re: Wireguard on ASUSTOR

Post by dantax »

https://www.wireguard.com
A new type of vpn service, alot faster, more secure and smaller attack window then openvpn. Also very easy to use and stable. It like a wireguard client, embedded in adm or a standalone application. There is an android client called "wireguard", that use a wireguard-client-setup File(zip). The file is provided by the vpn provider. Azirevpn.com offer the service right now for free for people till try it out. I got a 250/100 Mbit line and when connected to wireguard i get a throughput of 240/100 Mbit.
Right now azirevpn and mullvad offers wireguard.

Return to “Feature Requests”