It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby ShaMana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm using AS3202T, bought it about 8 months ago, more or less. After a long research trying to find a good platform decided to go with ASUSTOR. Today the usability of the device slowly becomes close to zero for me and that is not even an year later. I still have plenty of warranty too.

I'm not a power user. I don't know how to manually update my device. I am dependent on the updates made by the manufacturer. I don't have the time to learn how to support the device on my own. If i did, i would have made a NAS on my own with custom parts and not rely on any one provider.

When selling a device you are not selling just the custom board and hardware. You sell the software most of all and support for this for a reasonable duration.

Security patches aside, the rest of the software is barely touched. I should have checked most the app updates before buying, this can be seen easily on the APP Central online. Most being severely outdated.
Last edited by ShaMana on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaMana
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:07 pm

ShaMana wrote:I'm using AS3202T, bought it about 8 months ago, more or less. After a long research trying to find a good platform decided to go with ASUSTOR. Today the usability of the device slowly becomes close to zero for me and that is not even an year later. I still have plenty of warranty too.

I'm not a power user. I don't know how to manually update my device. I am dependent on the updates made by the manufacturer. I don't have the time to learn how to support the device on my own. If i did, i would have made a NAS on my own with custom parts and not rely on any one provider.

When selling a device you are not selling just the custom board and hardware. You sell the software most of all and support for this for a reasonable duration.

Security patches aside, the rest of the software is barely touched

I'd love to know what usability you had before that you can't use now. I will certainly bring it up to management.
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:08 pm

itdaboyz wrote:Any news?
That will be 1 month since you informed them, Marco@ASUSTOR.

We're still working on which apps should be updated. Thanks for your patience!
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby itdaboyz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 am

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
itdaboyz wrote:Any news?
That will be 1 month since you informed them, Marco@ASUSTOR.

We're still working on which apps should be updated. Thanks for your patience!

Why not every outdatted apps?
itdaboyz
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 pm

itdaboyz wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
itdaboyz wrote:Any news?
That will be 1 month since you informed them, Marco@ASUSTOR.

We're still working on which apps should be updated. Thanks for your patience!

Why not every outdatted apps?

I understand your feeling that this might be an unsatisfactory answer but I found that doing so would require taking our developers off of core projects. We understand and appreciate your patience in the matter. Without unlimited resources, they will be updated based off of need. We want to make as many people happy as possible. Development takes time and money these apps cannot be ported overnight. I've already committed to being on your side and helping you demand for better attention towards apps uploaded to App Central. I won't forget you but I do need time.
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

I will continue to push for a better system for updating these apps to create a better experience and a better product for you. I'm on your side.
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby itdaboyz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

I will continue to push for a better system for updating these apps to create a better experience and a better product for you. I'm on your side.

That's a really good news! Thank you :)
itdaboyz
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm

itdaboyz wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

I will continue to push for a better system for updating these apps to create a better experience and a better product for you. I'm on your side.

That's a really good news! Thank you :)

Keep your feedback coming! I'll keep fighting for you!
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby luke_nukem » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:55 am

To be very honest. If it is officially supported, it should be getting kept up to date and being maintained.
luke_nukem
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:08 am

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 am

Image

PHPMyAdmin now up to date. More apps are coming!
Marco@ASUSTOR
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests