Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ShaMana
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Post by ShaMana »

I'm using AS3202T, bought it about 8 months ago, more or less. After a long research trying to find a good platform decided to go with ASUSTOR. Today the usability of the device slowly becomes close to zero for me and that is not even an year later. I still have plenty of warranty too.

I'm not a power user. I don't know how to manually update my device. I am dependent on the updates made by the manufacturer. I don't have the time to learn how to support the device on my own. If i did, i would have made a NAS on my own with custom parts and not rely on any one provider.

When selling a device you are not selling just the custom board and hardware. You sell the software most of all and support for this for a reasonable duration.

Security patches aside, the rest of the software is barely touched. I should have checked most the app updates before buying, this can be seen easily on the APP Central online. Most being severely outdated.
Last edited by ShaMana on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

ShaMana wrote:I'm using AS3202T, bought it about 8 months ago, more or less. After a long research trying to find a good platform decided to go with ASUSTOR. Today the usability of the device slowly becomes close to zero for me and that is not even an year later. I still have plenty of warranty too.

I'm not a power user. I don't know how to manually update my device. I am dependent on the updates made by the manufacturer. I don't have the time to learn how to support the device on my own. If i did, i would have made a NAS on my own with custom parts and not rely on any one provider.

When selling a device you are not selling just the custom board and hardware. You sell the software most of all and support for this for a reasonable duration.

Security patches aside, the rest of the software is barely touched
I'd love to know what usability you had before that you can't use now. I will certainly bring it up to management.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

itdaboyz wrote:Any news?
That will be 1 month since you informed them, Marco@ASUSTOR.
We're still working on which apps should be updated. Thanks for your patience!
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
Why not every outdatted apps?
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

itdaboyz wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
Why not every outdatted apps?
I understand your feeling that this might be an unsatisfactory answer but I found that doing so would require taking our developers off of core projects. We understand and appreciate your patience in the matter. Without unlimited resources, they will be updated based off of need. We want to make as many people happy as possible. Development takes time and money these apps cannot be ported overnight. I've already committed to being on your side and helping you demand for better attention towards apps uploaded to App Central. I won't forget you but I do need time.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

I will continue to push for a better system for updating these apps to create a better experience and a better product for you. I'm on your side.
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

I will continue to push for a better system for updating these apps to create a better experience and a better product for you. I'm on your side.
That's a really good news! Thank you :)
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

itdaboyz wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey everybody, thanks ever so much for the support and feedback we have received. I'd like to announce that all apps listed in this thread that were last updated in the years before 2018 have been approved for update. I appreciate all of the great feedback and continue to ask for your patience while we get these apps up to date.

That's a really good news! Thank you :)
Keep your feedback coming! I'll keep fighting for you!
luke_nukem

Post by luke_nukem »

To be very honest. If it is officially supported, it should be getting kept up to date and being maintained.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

PHPMyAdmin now up to date. More apps are coming!

Return to “Feature Requests”