Paid solution for audio problems Kodi

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Paid solution for audio problems Kodi

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Rexus_Maximus wrote:Is somebody working on a solution? I mean hacking the FFmpeg and x.org is just not consumer friendly...
So is someone working a solution so I can give it my full support...
Asustor is not really supportive and communicative about this issue. Which is not good for customer loyalty... and overall product trust. Shame really they had so much potential...
But on topic... does anybody know of someone(body) working on a special build or something? Or a new Asustorportal video player... Not OpenPHT because man that app does not work at all...
OpenPHT was abandoned at version 1.8 (base on Kodi 16)
A new group of developer seem to try to restart it ... first by moving to kodi 17 as new base ... but it's just restarting, when a first version 1.9 or 2.0 will be available I will redo the port to Asustor (and QNAP)

Now only Plex Media Player 2 is available and source (only LInux solution) is updated regularly by Plex.tv group ... The port exist and is available on Asustor ... (search in the forum)

Hacking is not a long term solution ... but going back for Xorg is NOT a hack ... it's only to get some libraries and prevent some update ... the target solution will be to reintroduce compatible missing libs.
Hacking ffmpeg is certainly useful but NEVER for kodi (I do port on NAS QNAP and during a time on Asustor ... and today provide kodi18 on other NAS brand) or for OpenPHT or PlexMediaPlayer ... because ffmeg used in all of this program are compiled and linked INTERNALLY at build time ....

So ffmpeg can be compile to be used on Asustor if need ... but have NO relationship with Kodi or Plex player itself ... only for other usage .

Philippe.
NB. I finish a new solution for QNAP's NAS ... but it's a big job (and my lab is closed for a month) ... when I release a first version ... I will try to get time to port it on Asustor ... but I am a user like you ... so working on it only on part of my free time ...
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Feature Requests”