Python3 for AS-302T

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

akrilfx
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Python3 for AS-302T

Post by akrilfx »

Hi everybody,
Do you guys know if python3 is supported on the AS-302T ? I found some apk packages on a french forum, though none of them were working.
Just wondering if something that could be officially supported.

thanks,
Akrilfx.
crazynas

Re: Python3 for AS-302T

Post by crazynas »

Hi akrlifx,
I Checked asustor download apk list. https://www.asustor.com/zh-tw/service/d ... duct_id=16. It's only support python 2.7. Why are you need python3?
Or you become asustor developer. You can reference asustor developer corner http://developer.asustor.com/. Develop your app on your own.
https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0/
akrilfx

Post by akrilfx »

thanks for replying.
The latest and greatest Django 2+ requires now to run Python 3 unfortunately. It's not really to develop my own app actually.
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

I saw Django roadmap will release 2.0 on 2019
. Maybe you can try Compiled python 3.0 on AS-302T by yourself.
I think that is not difficult to you.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Check this link out for Python 3.5: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=8322 Doing a search of the forums and you can get to the link, in a somewhat round about way.

Father.Mande is a truly awesome guy. He's put together a large number of apps that add a great amount of functionality to these NASes. Check out his parent forum for developer's corner. He's got a lot of good stuff there: viewforum.php?f=42

HTH
akrilfx

Post by akrilfx »

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply.

Hey Mike. I did try to install python3.5 using the exact same link you provide in your reply but unfortunately the package manager refuse it :-/
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
akrilfx wrote:Thanks guys for taking the time to reply.
Hey Mike. I did try to install python3.5 using the exact same link you provide in your reply but unfortunately the package manager refuse it :-/

My own generation of python 3 ... are for my own QPKG even usable for other purpose
BUT ... I only generate Python 3 for x86_64 and armhf models ... so not for old 32 bits x86 models.

I am not sure (due to the age of some libraries) to be able to create a 32 bits version (at this time I can't ... Iam in travel at a long distance of my NAS and other servers)

IN ALL CASE ... due to the lack of compilation program and include ... some Python modules can't be installed (for my QPKG I include with python some modules requiring compilation)

My BEST suggest for you is :
create a chroot with a 32 bits Ubuntu or Debian distribution ...
manage the minimum mount device needed ...
then install what you want (python, build-essential, etc.) ... a chroot is a jail sharing with NAS ... kernel, kernel modules and network ... all other part are independent ...

Philippe.
NB the best except if your request is only Python is also to indicate the application you need ... perhaps a solution can exist ...
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
akrilfx

Post by akrilfx »

thanks Philippe for all those explanations.
I'll have a look at getting my own chroot. It's a shame our Asustor have no dev mode.

Return to “Feature Requests”