support for S3-compatible object storage services?

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
wasabi-jim
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

support for S3-compatible object storage services?

Post by wasabi-jim »

Hi - Does anyone know if Asustor supports cloud storage targets other than AWS S3? I work for a new S3-compatible cloud object storage service (wasabi.com) and I'm trying to find out if one can enter in a non-AWS domain (like s3.wasabisys.com). The config guide below seems to imply this is not possible:

http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... Backup.pdf

Thanks,
Jim
yoyoden

Re: support for S3-compatible object storage services?

Post by yoyoden »

I have the AS5004T, and coincidentally one of the NASes I was hoping to use to upload data to Wasabi. You are correct - their interface for setting up an S3 backup provides no way to enter a custom URL. I also suspect that they've never fixed the fact that their S3 backup attempts to us a single-part PUT, so they are limited to uploading a 5GB file. I asked them about 18 mos ago to consider supporting multi-part but I've seen nothing other than "we'll take that under advisement". I ended up deploying s3cmd under the hood to push to S3 from this device. I will have to re-do that to talk to Wasabi.
wasabi-jim

Re: support for S3-compatible object storage services?

Post by wasabi-jim »

OK - thanks for confirming this. I had reached out to Asustor "contact us" to try to bring up this issue as well. No response (sigh). I hope the Asustor product team monitors this forum as I do believe there is some useful feature related discussion happening here. Thanks, Jim

Return to “Feature Requests”