Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

likasz180
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Post by likasz180 »

Can I add a graphical cron in ADM?
-------------------------
Asustor AS-202 TE
ADM 2.3.0.RBS1
BIOS 0.25/1.0023
-------------------------
crazynas

Re: CRON

Post by crazynas »

Hi
you can use Crontab UI install on ADM.
https://github.com/alseambusher/crontab-ui
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

how do you install it?

thanks
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
Willem55

Post by Willem55 »

Could we get this as a App. please
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Why it's NOT so easy, even not possible without some change :
... cron is managed by root user NOT by admin (because setuid is not set for program)
... web server run under admin
... cron start / stop / restart is also under root
... admin (without change) is NOT as a sudo user (as default user in desktop on standard distribution).

ANY web interface (I only know 4 or 5 of them), complex (for a so small things to do) like node.js crontab-ui require other software (always for a so small job), or simple web interface require PHP but keep problem to edit the crontab file and to restart the cron daemon
ONLY the web admin (ligthttp run under root user) can integrate it, but not sure PHP was supported ? not easy, and clearly clear at next A.D.M. update

I think losing one hours (in fact a quarter) to understand the (simple) syntax require and using two simple commands to edit and restart crond can be a good investment compare to a web interface controlling syntax ... but NEVER helping you to understand how to write a correct script to run without error in cron environment (not a user environment).

I think a WebUI can be a good idea if you have to add, change, suppress lot of cron tasks ... but I never know somebody needing this and even a shell script can propose a better and friendly approach for a mass cron.

BUT as in any Linux box, all is possible :D ... it's just some knowledge and time to spend ... with some little more constraints due to the NAS concept (embedded Linux) :roll: .
... ask to Asustor in features wanted ...
... for myself, losing the time to write a response here is the maximum I am ready to do :lol:

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Willem55

Post by Willem55 »

No problem... command line it is then.

Return to “Feature Requests”