Change Admin account name

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

unome
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Change Admin account name

Post by unome »

Please enable the ability to change the name of the global administrator account from Admin to a name of our choosing. I have a very strong password but it would be just another level of defense.
I have enabled NAS notifications and receive a "Event: [System] "ADM" login failure from IP "XXX.XX.XXX.X" detected." weekly. Note the IP is not one I am logging in from...

If anyone reading this agrees please post so we can show it.
sksbir

Re: Change Admin account name

Post by sksbir »

hi
has a another level of defense, you have settings --> ADM defender --> network defender --> a lots of options. eg: enable auto black list, and set how many retries will blacklist ip trying to connect.
unome

Post by unome »

sksbir wrote:hi
has a another level of defense, you have settings --> ADM defender --> network defender --> a lots of options. eg: enable auto black list, and set how many retries will blacklist ip trying to connect.
Yes... Well aware of the additional offerings. However, they are all behind that original one.
Ubuntux

Post by Ubuntux »

Enable network defender and dont use standard ports for ssh/sftp or web interface... and use encrypted connection only... that way theres now no login attempts on my system :-)
AS-604T & AS-202T

Return to “Feature Requests”