Copy to CIFS

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dkobelak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Copy to CIFS

Post by dkobelak »

I have created some CIFS folders on one of my NAS and when using the file management from within the NAS I can select files from CIFS and when I go to copy/move them I only have the option to copy to anywhere on the NAS, but not to any CIFS that I have.. also when copying/moving files from the NAS itself, after selecting copy/move, I do not see an option to copy/move to the CIFS that I have created but only to the NAS itself.. any way we can have the option to copy/move between CIFS or to copy/move from NAS to CIFS?
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
orion

Re: Copy to CIFS

Post by orion »

What do you mean "CIFS folders"? It seems those are not shared folders under ADM Access Control. Shared folders are still located onto NAS.
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

orion wrote:What do you mean "CIFS folders"? It seems those are not shared folders under ADM Access Control. Shared folders are still located onto NAS.
with ADM2.7 we can share a CIFS location (for example a drive on a computer that's on the same network) and have the NAS access it... for example if I have NAS on a remote network with few PCs attached on that network, I can make certain PC folders be seen/accessed from the NAS.. if I remote into my NAS I am able to see the CIFS folders i created from the file manager and I can select files from there and copy into the NAS.. but the copy function does not give an option to copy from NAS to CIFS (folders) on the PCs...
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
orion

Post by orion »

dkobelak wrote: with ADM2.7 we can share a CIFS location (for example a drive on a computer that's on the same network) and have the NAS access it... for example if I have NAS on a remote network with few PCs attached on that network, I can make certain PC folders be seen/accessed from the NAS.. if I remote into my NAS I am able to see the CIFS folders i created from the file manager and I can select files from there and copy into the NAS.. but the copy function does not give an option to copy from NAS to CIFS (folders) on the PCs...
Thanks for the details. I did not notice this new function. :oops:
timonych

Post by timonych »

I have found the way to copy/move, but it can be used properly via WEB.

1. You need to have folders in Yours CIFS Mount.
2. By using DRAG&DROP move the file from NAS to CIFS Folder and You will be asked What to do - Move or Copy.

Return to “Feature Requests”