LooksGood (and LooksGood 2.0) Replace/Delete Original File

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
RRocks01
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

LooksGood (and LooksGood 2.0) Replace/Delete Original File

Post by RRocks01 »

The LooksGood app, and LooksGood 2.0 beta app converts files perfectly but I need it to replace the
original file or delete the original file after successful conversion. The
way the software works now it essentially doubles the number of files in my
library. Part of the reason I want to convert my videos is so that they
take up less space. With every video resulting with 2 files instead of just 1
I am loosing hard drive space instead of gaining it.
I saw the press release for LooksGood 2.0 and had high hopes that I would be able to use this app now
but without the ability to remove/replace the original file I can't use it. I would also appreciate it if
the file did not have the filename changed to include the [LooksGood] listed in the file, just match the original file name please.
At a very minimum please allow these to be configurable options in the settings.
MikeG.6.5

Re: LooksGood (and LooksGood 2.0) Replace/Delete Original File

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

You can do exactly what you want to do with the conversion scripts I have posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5778#p26057. This takes the original file, converts it to MP4 H264 with an AAC stereo audio track and a DTS or AC3 5.1 track if there is one available in your language in the original file. It keeps the name you have already, and also strips all subtitles out of the file, making an SRT sidecar file (in the language you specify) to sit along side the media with the correct Plex friendly naming for it. You can set in the Autoprocess.ini file if you want to keep the original source file or delete it. (Depending on the source, I do both.)

This can be run from either the command line or from a cron job at times you designate.

This will take a bit of work from you to make it work as you want. You are going to need to edit a file (best done with WinSCP) to make changes to how this script runs. If you want to change languages, this is also done in the same Autoprocess.ini file using the 3 letter code to designate which languages you want.

I have never installed LooksGood, and probably will never install it. I use Plex Media Server and Plex official clients for all of my local and remote devices.

HTH.
RRocks01

Post by RRocks01 »

Hi MikeG.6.5

I appreciate the response, but are you running this somehow natively on the NAS? I also use plex, and have used MCEBuddy to accomplish this task but I want to leave my PCs offline and just run the NAS. Your script sounds a little out of my league, so I'm hoping the Asustor developers will take my request on, it would be nice to have the simple gui features like MCEBuddy available in LooksGood. I'm really only ask for a simple deletion added to what looks like a promising app..
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Yes, the script runs automatically on the NAS when new media is detected (SABnzb+ will run it automatically when a TV episode is downloaded, drops it into a folder Sonarr watches, Sonarr then renames the file and drops it into the TV show's correctly named folder structure, with the Plex Friendly name ready to go.) There is no icon on the ADM Web App. It's something that runs in the background, and on my 7004T runs with little CPU hits. I can still transcode media while the conversion is taking place.

I have a second copy of script that runs every 20 minutes from a cron job for movies. Deluged downloads the movies, CouchPotato sees the movie and COPIES it to a monitored folder. Then the script runs on this monitored folder and converts the media. I have to maintain seeding requirements so I don't have the script delete the original media until I clean things up about once a month or so. As I do some strange folder structures that are a bit above other people's requirements, I then move the folder an file into Plex's movies library folder.

In both cases as soon as the correctly named, converted and ready to stream media is detected, Plex adds it to the correct library, downloads the metadata and everything is ready to go. Outside of the movie shuffling I have to do everything is completely HANDS FREE. (I do have to go in and clean up the TV shows download folder from time to time as well. I will work on something for that one of these days.) These scripts have some built in error checking to prevent multiple instances from running at the same time and gobbling up CPU. (It looks for ffmpeg with grep, and if it's there exists. If not it runs, and if there is media it converts all of the media items found in some random hashed methodology I haven't figured out yet.)

The only requirements for running this script is Python 2.7.x (From Asustor's App Central) and a copy of WinSCP and Putty (Both free, look them up. I really think these should have been included with the NAS on the disk... They are just too useful to not have.) If you download the zips I have already linked you to, you should have a copy of FFMPEG from December in there, but you can upgrade it if you want to. I won't use App Central versions of ffmpeg as it's even older than what I have in my zip, and is missing a couple of libraries required for these scripts to run.

I DO have some country regions locked out on both the router and the NAS to prevent people from trying to hack into my system. But you should be able to ftp in to get at the media if you aren't in one of the "problem" countries.
Vera.W@AST

Post by Vera.W@AST »

Hi, RRocks01,

Thanks for your suggestion to our app LooksGood 2.0. that also got it via email.

We will study on this possible option for "Media Converter".

Cheers!

Return to “Feature Requests”