Download Center VPN Options

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TheLid
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Download Center VPN Options

Post by TheLid »

I'd appreciate this feature too.
pafer

Post by pafer »

Hi Shawn,

It's been a few months now.
Is there any update on this feature?

It would be very useful to be able to choose which app users the VPN connection.

Thanks.
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi pafer,

Our Download Center is based on Transmission open source. Since Transmission did not include VPN client natively, we are still studying on how to integrate VPN client into Download Center.
grantyboy

Post by grantyboy »

When is this going to be available?
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

I'm going to bump this. I'm still not sure why this isnt a feature. Synology has had this for about 2 years now.

As of DSM 5.1, you can enable Multiple Gateways
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Best advice I can offer is to create a ticket at http://support.asustor.com and ask for this to be added.

There isn't much support happening on the forums by official representatives. This is community driven, with an occasional comment dropped by an actual employee. It's one of the biggest complaints I have with the forums.
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:Best advice I can offer is to create a ticket at http://support.asustor.com and ask for this to be added.

There isn't much support happening on the forums by official representatives. This is community driven, with an occasional comment dropped by an actual employee. It's one of the biggest complaints I have with the forums.
Yea i guess that is a big problem. When these forums first started out and they launched their products, they were very active on here. I've had my 602 since right after release. I feel at this point, Asustor has fallen behind feature wise to Synology. Will likely be switching over once this one goes.
aenigmainc

Post by aenigmainc »

I'd like the VPN option when using download center too. So this has my vote.
FlyingDutchman

Post by FlyingDutchman »

I use F-Secure freedome on my pc, is there a possibility to use this in asustor vpn instead.
Jagstyles

Post by Jagstyles »

Has there been any updates on this at all? I almost regret having bought an Asustor when I see Synology continue to advance their products....

Return to “Feature Requests”